Monday, August 15, 2011

Muzzle

I love that Amelia is at an age where she can talk and share her feelings with us. It makes everything so much more enjoyable. However, I'll be even happier when I don't have to worry about what she is going to say or to whom she is going to say it.

Tonight, while she and I went out for an ice cream, she saw a woman from another country (in which I will not insult by guessing which country) who was dressed up in a long wrap of some kind. Well, Amelia kept saying "She's a PRINCESS!!" and I kept trying to divert her attention. Yet, each time I would say "No, baby, she's not a princess" she would just say "Oh, yes she dooo (which basically substitutes for yes I can, yes you are, yes she is, etc.). PRINCESS!" Luckily, I think the thought was so preposterous that the "princess" didn't even know we were talking about her. However, as we exited the building, Amelia almost ran into a woman and her daughter. After the woman said "well, hello pretty girl", Amelia replied "I have to go see my mom. Her name Meggan. I'll see you in the morning." So, apparently, Amelia is now setting up coffee dates with strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment