Sunday, December 2, 2012

Grinch

So, Amelia has a history of really, really hating everything that scares her in any way. This sounds natural, but she employs it on an unnatural level.  It doesn't matter that we never use the terms scared, nervous, or afraid. It doesn't matter that we try to make her face her fears whenever possible. She was just born naturally worried. For instance, we saw a large Grinch painting in Home Depot yesterday and she literally spent the rest of the time in the store telling me she wanted to leave and she never wants to shop there again. So, tonight I tried to get her to watch The Grinch on tv. Meggan and I prefaced it with how silly and funny he is and how he learns his lesson and is a good guy, etc. After about 10 seconds, she made me turn it off and DELETE it from the DVR. At least that was the end of it... until 2 hours later when she broke a dead silence by saying "God just didn't make me to like the Grinch. That's all."

No comments:

Post a Comment