Monday, December 10, 2012

Shhhhhh

Oh, how I love the honesty and innocence of a 3 year-old.  Tonight, while she and I were standing on the greeting card aisle trying to find the perfect card for Meggan, another cart carrying another child came by.  Just before they passed us, a sound came from their cart that sounded...and I'm not accusing anyone of anything here...like a fart. Being the grown man that I am, I ignored this. However, being the small child Amelia is, she promptly stood up in our cart, pointed at the little girl, and laughingly yelled "Ewwww, Nassssty".  The poor little girl looked stunned. I stood silently mortified. Luckily, the tension was broken when the girl's mom began laughing as they turned the corner. Then, roughly a minute later as I was trying to explain to Amelia why we don't do that, a rather manly looking woman turned the corner.  Before my brain had time to register any thoughts, Amelia loudly asked me "Daddy, is that a boy dressed up like a girl?". The woman, who I can only assume is in a biker gang, shot me a look like I peed on the carpet. At this point, I said the only thing I could muster..."Baby, no more words...please."

No comments:

Post a Comment