Monday, May 5, 2014

Fear Factor

After several months and many, many swim lessons that consisted of me spending money to watch Amelia cling to the instructor for dear life, she finally got brave. Somewhere between watching her literally shiver with fear and hearing her scream so loudly when I tried to get her to float that the lifeguards came to check on her, I almost gave up hope that this day would come. However, this weekend while at a birthday pool party, I guess watching all her friends have fun was finally too much to handle.  My brave little girl climbed in the pool to take her swim test. She stared at the lifeguard she had to swim to in order to pass the test. She slowly let go of the wall for the first time in her life releasing almost two years of fear along with it...and then she promptly sank like a rock.

Oh well, she tried...and Meggan and I showered her with praise like she just beat Micheal Phelps.

No comments:

Post a Comment