Thursday, May 1, 2014

Memory

HE IS!
HE CAN'T RESIST!
He scrambles on the tips of his super-grip toes.
He clambers with his knees, his tail, and his nose.
He's up on the bridge without hesitation.
He's a clickety-clackety climbing sensation.

These are the words Amelia rattled off tonight from memory since Everett tore this page out of our new book. Sure, we've read the book a few times, but I can't recite the entire thing from memory. She can...just as she can recite all the words to basically every book we own...and just about every movie we've watched...and half the songs on pop radio...and she's not afraid to correct you when you get it wrong. I used to pride myself on my memory, but even I have to admit when I'm beat. It is just a clear reminder that little kids are always watching, always listening, and always soaking up everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment