Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Is it you?

I watched 'The Soloist' last night and I've been thinking about it ever since. It wasn't that it was the best movie I've ever seen. It was very good, and Jamie Foxx had an incredible performance, but what really struck me was the brilliance of Nathaniel Ayers. I am truly intrigued by actual genius. Along my path through college and during my days in the working world, I have come across a few very smart people. I have met talented musicians, writers, and photographers. I know people who are hilarious and creative beyond control. However, I hope at some point in my life, I am fortunate enough to meet someone with incomparable genius. I'm not speaking of people who skipped a few grades or squeaked into MENSA. I'm not talking about the sharpest person in your office. I'm talking about the sharpest person in your generation. I'm referring to the artist, the author, the doctor that the best and brightest in their fields look to in amazement. By definition, these people are far and few between. Thus, it is highly unlikely that I will ever actually encounter true brilliance. For now, I'll have to sit around and wait to find out if Amelia will be one of these people...considering she blogs at 6 months, she's got a head start.

No comments:

Post a Comment