Saturday, September 19, 2009

Soft in my old age?

A strange thing happened today. The Gators played the Volunteers and I watched with my new football viewing buddy, Amelia. I had on my lucky Gator socks, she her Gator bib. During the game, there were some up and down moments for my Gators. This is where the strangeness occurred. The mistakes, the bad plays, etc. didn't bother me. In the past, I have had a tendency to act basically like a drunken monkey when the Gators have issues. It seems as though having a beautiful baby girl to remind me of what's important in life has matured me as a football fan. Would I say there was no complaining, cursing, or acting out? uhhh, no. I said I was better, not that I was a robot. I'm not 100% sure I like this new, refined me. I'm going to have to test drive it a little more throughout the season. If it gets too bad, I may have to send Mia shopping with Meggan or something so that I can regain my rabid fan state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment