Sunday, October 18, 2009

Attack of the mushrooms

Our yard has recently been taken over by mushrooms. I'm not sure what brought this on as they didn't spring up last fall. However, tonight I went out and began pulling them out of the ground. This was definitely one of those situations in which you continue to pull them up for 10 minutes, look around, and swear there are more than when you started. So, you pull for 15 more minutes and you check again...even more. By the time I was done, I had pulled TEN POUNDS (I weighed them) of mushrooms from my yard. That is a lot of mushrooms considering they don't weigh much individually. So, somehow, in the week since I last cut my grass, I have grown enough mushrooms to fill up nearly half of a garbage bag. I don't really grow grass well. All of our plants seem to meet their maker. However, mushrooms, those must be my thing. If they come back, I'm going to have to find out what is causing them and what I can do to stop it. Either that, or I'm just going to grow more to at least make it look purposeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment