Sunday, October 4, 2009

She's a maniac...maniac... at the store...

First of all, let me just say hello bloggers, it's me...Meggan. I complain that I never have time to blog, but Friday night's trip to the store was full of material too good to keep to myself, so here goes.

Miss Amelia and I went to the grocery store on Friday night to do a bit of shopping. We were getting dangerously close to bedtime which produces a baby that is deliriously happy...keyword "delirious." This delirium could easily turn from adorable to maniacal in a tick of the second hand.

So, our trip began with a stroll through the produce and then to the deli counter. While waiting for our honey ham, Crazypants grabbed the shopping list from my hand and, of course, put it in her mouth. To avoid a fit, I planned to let her hold it for a second while I found another object to distract her while I took it back from her. When I took it back, well, see the picture below. She ate it! So, she's chomping away at a piece of paper while I try to pry open her mouth to retrieve it. I can't remember how to get an object out of an infant's throat, and now my struggle is attracting the attention of other deli patrons. Great. Finally, I pry open her jaws and scoop out the list. Moving on.

We begin a minor meltdown in the bread aisle. Good thing it was our last stop before the register. Despite my warning to keep hands and feet and body inside the cart while moving, the whole trip she was happy lurching from side to side in the front of the cart while I shopped. Good thing her cart cover has a safety seatbelt to keep her in.

We check out. She goes nuts. While I'm paying, she swipes a whole stack of gift cards from in front of the register. When I take those and put them back, she sees the long receipt that is running out of the register. She grabs it and pulls with all of her might while I was trying to pry her hand open. She wins. So, we took our receipt in parts.

So, I get home and unload our bags while the little girl slept in her bed. Refer back to the picture and you will see what I found. A bag of linguine. You can't see the little sticker on the package, but it reads $3.49. $3.49 pasta! Isn't that some sort of oxymoron?! I do not know where this pasta came from as I would not have bought that, and I didn't even buy pasta at all. Randall refuses to believe me that Amelia put it in the buggy. I am convinced she did. I mean all you have to do is look at Randall's post below to see what kind of crazy look she gets in her eye when she's sleepy. She's capable of anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment