Thursday, October 8, 2009

We have liftoff

Mia finally crossed the threshold into the world of crawlers. Technically, she crossed into the world of draggers, but I'm counting it just the same. Last night, she struggled and strained, keeping her eyes on the prize (in this case, her favorite toy) until she slowly began to army-crawl across her play mat. Was it the most graceful thing I've seen? No. Did her legs drag behind her like limp linguine? Yes. Did she get from point A to point B in a forward motion? You're damn right she did. I'm guessing this will be just like everything else she has done - she can't do it at all until one day when she struggles through it. Then, from that point on, she repeats it like she's been doing since she was in the womb. If this holds true, I will hopefully be on here shortly bragging about how fast she moves around the house. Until then, I'll be trying to safety-proof the house for our newly found mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment