Monday, February 15, 2010

Day Off

Let me start by saying I love my daughter more than anything on this Earth. I am thankful for every single day with her. I also know there will come a day, much sooner than I anticipate, that she won't want to hang out with me. Having said all that, Meggan and I had a day off from work today and instead of keeping Amelia home, we put her in daycare...it...was...awesome. Before anyone judges us, keep in mind that we don't have any family living near us and we don't have any babysitters around so this is probably the 4th time in a year that we have had a whole day to ourselves. We took full advantage by relaxing, going to a restaurant we can't take Mia to, catching a movie in the theater, etc. It is days like today that make me retroactively appreciate all the things I used to take for granted...like NOT stopping in the middle of lunch to change a dangerously foul smelling diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment