Sunday, February 7, 2010

One small step for man...

...one giant leap for Amelia. Last night, Amelia joined the land of the walking. I can't really pretend that she ran a marathon, or even that she looked all that graceful. However, she did indeed walk. It covered the wobbly span of about 5 feet and it took roughly a full minute, but it was still perfect to me. She would take a tiny step, regain her balance, and take another step. We were visiting friends who have a son a few months older than Amelia. He is able to fly all over the place. The irony is immediately preceding Mia walking, Connor's mom set him down and he took off. I turned to her and said Amelia just collapses to the ground when I set her down. So, I proceeded to put her on the ground and instead of falling, she decided to show me up and take her first steps. I'm not sure if my comment spawned her desire to prove me wrong by walking, but just in case it did, I'd like to say ... Amelia never likes to eat her vegetables or let me sleep past 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment