Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mr. Mom

Meggan left for a 3 day conference this afternoon. This leaves Amelia in the sole care of yours truly. Luckily, she's too young and uninformed to be afraid of that situation. That said, I'm sure Meggan is sweating it. I think we are going to be just fine sans Mom. For our first afternoon together, we took a long walk around the neighborhood, played at a friend's house, and then came home for a nice episode of Sesame Street. The lone problem came up at bedtime where Amelia decided it would be a good idea to throw her bottle on the ground instead of drink any of it and to have a "stand-in" in her crib where she would stand and scream in protest of going to bed. At one point during the screaming, I went to the FedEx website to see what it would cost to mail Amelia to her mom's hotel. However, we eventually came to an agreement and she fell asleep. So, assuming she stays that way all night, I will consider our first day a huge success...considering her hunger strike, I'm not going to hold my breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment