Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Toddler?

Tomorrow is a big day for Amelia. It is her first day in the toddler room. She has spent a tiny bit of time in there each day this week, but tomorrow is basically a full day. She will begin to drink from a cup instead of a bottle, sleep on a cot instead of a crib, and eat off a plate on a table instead of a tray on a high chair. To me, this seems like a hell of a price to pay for turning 1. I'm sure there will be some struggles early on, particularly if you consider Amelia escaping from a cot and crawling over to play with toys a struggle. That said, I really do think getting the chance to see some of the older kids (I would say bigger, but considering she is the smallest kid in her current class, size doesn't seem to matter) will be a huge help in her development. So, assuming none of the kids eat her (she has come home with bite marks twice now) and assuming her new teachers are remotely close to as awesome as the teachers she has had so far, I have complete faith in the transition....that doesn't mean I am going to start referring to my baby girl as a toddler, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment