Monday, April 5, 2010

The D word

I stayed home from work today fighting a battle against what I'll call Atomic Stomach Syndrome (ASS). At a few points in the day, I truly believed my ASS would be the end of me. I have my loving wife and wonderful daughter to thank for this gracious little stomach bug. I suppose the real root of all this evil is the disease dungeon known as daycare. Speaking of daycare, we actually get to the real point of today's post. Meggan brought Amelia home today with this report from her teachers: "Amelia is a DIVA". What?!? Can a 13-month old even be a diva??? Apparently, refusing to go out in the sunshine, crying whenever you aren't being held, and generally demanding your way gets you the D-word label. Since when does giving a child everything they want whenever they want it turn them into a diva? Oh, that's right - ALL the time. It looks like we are going to have to be tougher on little miss Mia around here. It sure would be easier not to baby her if she wasn't so sick and pitiful looking all the time. Perhaps that has been her plan the whole time? Oh no, a manipulative diva at 1...we're going to have some fun teen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment