Monday, April 26, 2010

Good Mood

Of Amelia's 400 or so days on this Earth, today was easily the one in which she was in her best mood. I don't particularly know what got her headed in this pleasant direction. She didn't sleep well last night. She even started the morning in a bit of a grumpy mood. However, when Meggan dropped her off at school, rather than her standard clinging and screaming, she just blew her mother a kiss goodbye and went about her school day. This loving feeling kept on throughout the day as she greeted me at home with a big kiss on my cheek. In case you are wondering, there is literally nothing better to brighten your spirits than a big, wet, baby kiss. We had a disgustingly unhealthy dinner of pizza and cookies followed by a great night of playing in the floor with all the affection two parents could handle...even Sophie was molested with a barrage of hugs and kisses. I knew we were having a banner night when Amelia not only didn't fight me for trying to give her allergy medicine, but actually grabbed the dropper and helped the cause. The only hiccup of the evening occurred when we tried to give her a breathing treatment. I couldn't fully understand what she was screaming through the mask, but I'm pretty sure I heard something about her knowing where I could shove that inhaler. With the treatment down, it was light's out and the end of our day. So, from what I recall, the final tally was kisses: roughly 100,000 - Head bashes into the hardwoods during a fit of rage: 0. Sadly, these days I'm more impressed with the second stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment