Saturday, April 3, 2010

I don't recall going through any Pavlovian training. Nor do I recall any procedures to fit my ass cheeks with springs. However, at the first crack of sound on Amelia's monitor, I virtually involuntarily fly off the couch and upstairs to try to ease her quickly back to sleep before we reach the point of no return. I think it directly stems from my love of post-bedtime freedom. 9 times out of 10 it is as simple as handing her a pacifier. On that 10th time, oh that dreaded 10th time, she may already be sitting or even standing by the time I can get there. If you ever get to her room and she is already standing, turn around and throw yourself down the stairs - it will be less painful. With this current fever she has apparently grown fond of sporting, I am fearful that many of my trips will end in the 10th scenario as opposed to the other 9. Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment