Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Okay, so maybe they were right.

After this evening, I am pretty sure Amelia's teachers were on to something by calling her a diva yesterday. Last night, the father in me felt a little defensive of my baby. Tonight, I'm trying to decide between diva and devil. During one five minute span, she went from breaking down and crying pitifully to writhing on the ground screaming. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty confident, during one of her screams she called me the B-word and said she could smell my fear. As parents, I don't think we were prepared for this at 13 months. I expected a little fussing, a tear here or there, etc. However, I did not envision her throwing herself onto the ground screaming while kicking her legs so much she crab-walked 15 feet down the hallway. When we got tough and tried to teach her a lesson in the bathtub, she dunked her face under water and blew bubbles screaming. I'm pretty sure she wasn't trying to kill herself, but now that we've seen that little trick, we'll have to be more on top of her in the tub ... if possible. So, tonight, we are a little frustrated, a little on edge, and frankly, a little scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment