Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

In a surprise twist, Amelia decided to have a holiday without being sick. Meggan took her turn at not feeling well, but for the most part, it seems Mia is back to her usual self - exploring, fussing, dancing. She is about a year or so too young to really get the joy of Easter. She doesn't eat candy, she doesn't have interest in hunting eggs, and she has no chance at understanding the real meaning of Easter.

However, in true Easter fashion, I did see two baby rabbits no larger than hamsters go flying out of my bushes today while mowing the lawn. They stopped a few feet away and sat perfectly still. I suppose they were hoping I didn't notice them or maybe they felt I would mistake them for garden gnomes. Either way, I briefly considered trying to capture them and sweep them to safety. Luckily I quickly realized bringing two fragile baby rabbits into a house with a dog that loves to chase rabbits is probably not a recipe for safety. Also, I couldn't escape that scene from Monty Python with all the killer rabbits. Being a father now, I didn't feel I could take the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment