Sunday, July 25, 2010

Family Reunion

We just returned from spending the weekend at my family reunion. Other than the fact that I was drenched in sweat from the minimal effort it required to walk from the car to the picnic pavilion, it was a wonderful time. The vast majority of the invitees were able to make the trip. It had been a very long time since I had the opportunity to see many of the people there in any form of non-funeral setting. In most ways, that is a bitter shame. However, in the silver lining department, it made visiting with everyone and showing off/sharing Mia that much more special. Ultimately, more than the relived memories or the 10 years squeezed into 10 minute updates, it refreshed my faith in family and reminded me that one day I'll be one of the elder statesmen at a reunion and Amelia will be the one running around after her toddler. Until then, I'll just hope this same group can get together a few more times to celebrate while we are all still happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment