Sunday, July 18, 2010

Who isn't afraid?

Amelia had a rough time at dinner tonight. In terms of standard issue dinner problems, she acted as if we were trying to feed her dirty socks. I won't go into what we were feeding her, but I assure you our favorite Mexican restaurant does not have dirty socks on the menu. However, they do, apparently, employ the services of a clown (of course I'm assuming he was an employed clown and not just a drunk guy walking around the restaurant) for their Kids Eat Free night. This brings me to Amelia's rough time...she clearly is afraid of clowns. I can't say I blame her as most people I know are afraid of clowns. Let's face it, they're weird. We all know there are lakes of tears behind those painted on smiles. Those smiles must not fool Amelia because each time she saw the clown, she started crying and trying to climb out of her high chair. Throughout all of dinner, she continually checked over her shoulder to see if he was behind her. By the time we were done eating, I had her sitting next to me on the inside of the booth protected from the big, bad balloon-animal-making monster. I felt terrible for her and thought it was adorable at the same time. Hopefully, in time, she'll outgrow some of the fears she is currently stockpiling. Although, I'm okay with her holding onto a healthy concern for all middle-aged men walking around in makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment