Thursday, November 11, 2010

Second Place

Meggan and I have done a pretty good job at learning to be second place in Mia's life. First, while Meggan may not want to admit it, on any given day either of us can fall into second behind the other. Then, naturally, we have both drifted to a very distant second behind Elmo, Big Bird, and the rest of the Sesame Street gang (yes, I am counting them as one unit). Now, however, we have reached new lows. Earlier this week, Meggan arrived at daycare expecting Mia to greet her with all the normal jubilation of a kid at Christmas. This, my friends, was not to occur. I'll keep it polite on here and just say that it was indifference at best. So, yes, we now rank below daycare...ouch. I know this is a great sign of growth and maturity on her part. For us, though, I only see two options... it is either time crank up the fun at home or replace Mia with a new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment