Saturday, May 28, 2011

A bad place

Do you know where I am supposed to be right now? In a hot tub at a beach house in Hilton Head. Do you know where I AM right now? Locked away in a tv-less guestroom like a medieval troll who has been thrown in a dungeon. How did I find myself in this situation you ask? ...By being extraordinarily unlucky.

The night before we were supposed to leave for our vacation, I came down with a nasty virus. So, for the last two full days, I have spent the majority of my time sitting by myself quarantined away from my loved ones. We almost made the trip anyways today, but apparently, "nobody wants to be stuck in a car for 4+ hours breathing in the germs of some sweaty guy with a fever, chills, body aches, and a wicked sore throat." Lame, right?

So, while I am completely missing out on an awesome family vacation to the beach, I did have one highlight in my day...getting to spend a little quality time with Amelia...from a germ-safe distance...out the window of my 2nd floor prison.

2 comments:

  1. We are so sorry that you're sick for your big Hilton Head Island vacation. Hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah and it was nice in Hilton Head this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete