Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So far, so good

Last fall, I posted this post outlining a wager I have with a friend. Essentially, I have to finish a first draft of a screenplay before he goes on a mission trip to Africa or else I have to buy him a steak dinner and vice versa. I have been asked several times since that post if either of us has won. While neither of us have completed our tasks yet, I am pleased to announce we have both made significant progress. I currently have 86 pages completed (out of what will likely be 100 pages) and he received all of his immunizations yesterday for a June trip to Malawi. At this point, it seems inevitable that we will both complete our goals and continue to move further beyond anything we ever imagined. Now, about that bet....yeah, I'm still WAY too cheap to lose....especially to a guy who I know is going to run up the bill on me. So, despite spending most of my free time writing a completely different screenplay for school, I guarantee victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment