Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Time

Occasionally, I get the image of me driving Amelia to her first day of Kindergarten. This is normally a prideful, memorable moment in a parent's life. However, in my vision, I still see Amelia sucking her pacifier. Now, this isn't as bad as parents who lug around their kids in Baby Bjorns until they reach puberty. But, she is already far too big to have one. You should hear the sounds coming from her room at night. It sounds like Maggie Simpson on steroids...a lot of steroids. So, recently, with the help of her teachers we have been talking to Amelia about "giving her paci to the baby room". This is apparently a method they use at school to empower the kids rather than make them feel as though you are taking something from them. I think it sounds like a really great plan. Unfortunately, this probably works better before you kid has the ability to negotiate for more time...

1 comment: