Sunday, October 16, 2011

Emotion

Days like today, which featured the full spectrum of emotion, always feel more complete than the rest. I started the day by saying goodbye to my family. Without fail, this puts me in a somber mood that has me questioning priorities in life and seeking hidden opportunities to be closer to them. This evening, as I was shaking off the final cobwebs of my funk, Amelia and I went to pick up Sophie from the boarder. As the vet brought Sophie from the back, Amelia ran across the room, gave Sophie a big hug and exclaimed "Sophie, I missed you so much!". The way Amelia reacted, you would have thought Sophie just arrived home from serving a tour in Afghanistan. That said, seeing that pure joy on her face lifted my spirits immediately and brought my day full circle. Things are nice... Money is great... But, relationships are all that truly matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment