Thursday, October 27, 2011

Know When You've Lost

Amelia has picked the same exact bedtime story (Go, Dog. Go!)for over a week straight. I know some people love this story, but to me it is over 50 pages long, makes no sense, and has virtually no redeeming qualities. So, tonight, I asked Amelia what she wanted to read and she predictably said Go, Dog. Go!. That is when I thought I had struck fatherly brilliance. I told Amelia that we were going to let Kanga (her newest doll that sleeps with her) pick the book tonight. She agreed that was a good idea. So, I asked "Does Kanga want to read PJ FunnyBunny?" In my tiny little dad brain, Amelia was going to go for this and I would be set free from my Go, Dog. Go! prison. However, to my surprise, she is far smarter than I am...she simply took her little hand and shook Kanga's head in a "no" motion. She then continued to do this for any book I mentioned...until I got to Go, Dog. Go!. At that point, Kanga miraculously started shaking her head "yes". So much for outsmarting my 2 year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment