Saturday, November 5, 2011

5 Years

Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary...which means it has been about 5 years and 2days since Meggan and I met. Okay, maybe we didn't get married after a few days, but it was not a long courtship. I can't speak for her, but for me, I didn't need it to be. Much like it doesn't take me long to order food at my favorite restaurant, it didn't take me long to realize I was forever "off the market". I knew what qualities I wanted in a wife. So, when I found out they all existed in the cute girl who lived 2 buildings down, I wasted no time before I asked her to spend the rest of her life with me. I'm pretty sure she checked with Jake Gyllenhaal's people first to make sure he wasn't interested, but when they said no, she agreed to marry me. I'm happy to report that 5 years, two job changes, a move, and 1.75 kids later, I still consider myself the luckiest guy in the world for somehow summoning up the courage to talk to a girl I just knew was out of my league.

No comments:

Post a Comment