Sunday, November 20, 2011

Underestimated

When I said "99% of our family will not particularly like" the name Everett, I slightly underestimated them. While the number appears to actually be lower than 99%, the 90% who don't particularly like it....seem to particularly hate it. In an interesting study, we have heard basically nothing positive from anyone over 50 and virtually nothing negative from people under 40 (lukewarm results in the 40-50 range). We've heard feedback ranging from "I'd have preferred that" in reference to us jokingly saying we could have named him Diego (what Amelia wanted to name him after a character in one of her favorite cartoons) to "I LOVE THE NAME. I think it is strong, masculine, and honorable" (A message I received). Luckily, regardless of feedback, we still love it and I have a suspicion that once the snuggly baby arrives, nobody else will care what its name is.

As a side note, for those of you who think Everett is a strange name - according to Howmanyofme.com, there are 10% more "Everetts" in this country than there are "Amelias".

No comments:

Post a Comment