Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Relativity

Three weeks ago, Amelia was my tiny little baby girl. Now, she is my big, silly kid. Compared to Everett , who weighs about as much as Cool Whip and always smells like a baby, she might as well be grown. Now, this relative change isn't all bad. To go along with now feeling like she has lead in her pants and constantly smelling like a sweaty kid fresh off a game of freeze tag, I now also more fully realize how funny she is, how caring and sweet she can be, how easy she is to take around town, and in all honesty, just how incredibly awesome she is to hang out with. So, while I love both my kids with all my heart and I try to appreciate them every day of their lives, I apparently became complacent somewhere along the way. It took a fresh little face around the house to help me understand there was another little face running around that I had begun to take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment