Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Two Kids

Several parents I talk to seem to agree with me that behavior goes in shifts - good babies end up as rough toddlers and bad babies take a turn as good toddlers. Well, let me just say this...if you are going to have two kids, pray as hard as you can that you have your bad baby first. If not, you end up in our situation...struggling with a wild 3 year-old and struggling with a possibly colicky baby. For example, there was about an hour long period of time tonight where both kids cried uninterrupted. Amelia was inconsolable and going on and on about anything she could think of while Everett was even worse. He cries about 75% of the waking hours in which he is not attached to a boob. There was definitely a few times where it was a real struggle to stay calm. So, I guess what I am trying to say is...if you are either the parents whose kids are always good or the parents whose bad baby is now a good big sister and new baby is always happy...I hope your teenagers steal your car and tattoo their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment