Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Over and Over and Over and Over


There is a weird thing happening in my house and I don't even know what to think of it. Essentially, every single night (for a long time now), Meggan takes the lid off this candle. Every single morning when Amelia walks down stairs, she puts the lid back on it. We've only actually seen this happen live on a few occasions as she normally does it some form of child-ninja mode. Neither one of them ever speaks of this and there is no rhyme or reason for why either of them do it. Yet, without fail, the lid goes off at night and goes back on in the morning. I'm not sure which one of them I feel is crazier for this habit. For the time being, I'll give the nod to Amelia as I'm pretty sure Meggan is only doing it now to see how long Amelia will continue. Then again, a part of me can imagine Amelia thinking each morning "Poor OCD mommy took the lid off again. Let me put it back on for her so she can do it again tonight".  Hmmm, I guess it isn't mutually exclusive...maybe they are both a little off their rockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment