Sunday, April 15, 2012

Who are you?

Usually, I find Amelia to be a beautiful, smart, funny little girl and I can't wait to see the woman she becomes. However, on occasions such as this weekend, I find myself wondering if she is a 3 year-old girl or a teenage boy. In just the last two days we saw her (despite our utmost parenting efforts):

- cracking her knuckles
- licking virtually everything she saw
- wiping a booger on the couch
- wiping a booger on her bed
- wiping a booger on the stairs
- saying "damn it" when she fell off her stool
- peeing in the shower
- sitting on her mother and attempting to "toot" with all her might.

As you can see, not only is she not ladylike, she can be outright disgusting. I'm not sure if this is just a kid phase or something, but it has got to stop. I can't even figure out where it is coming from. I assure you, aside from the knuckles and possibly the language, she didn't get that from home. I suppose all behavior isn't learned. Perhaps she is some sort of grotesque savant that figures these things out on her own. After all, at some point every gross thing was thought up by someone for the first time. For all I know, the cavemen discovered fire for the sole purpose of lighting each other's farts. Maybe that is just my baby girl's gift. So much for being a doctor or a lawyer...Her true calling...Spencer's Gifts fake poop designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment