Saturday, August 4, 2012

Going Going Gone

We've been working very hard with Everett on all the mid level baby things - rolling over, sitting up, eating solids, etc. Each time he masters a skill for us it is slightly bittersweet. On one hand, you are so proud of his development. On the other hand, you realize your little baby will soon be a big baby and shortly after that, a toddler. It was hard to believe how fast it went by with Amelia and I still find myself blown away when I catch glimpses of how big she has become. However, it is different this time. With her, we always knew I wanted more kids. With Everett, this may be our last ride. So, each time he sits up or rolls across the room, not only are we saying hello to a new phase of life, but we may be permanently saying goodbye to an old one.  I guess that means we need to enjoy it all the more fully.


No comments:

Post a Comment