Sunday, August 26, 2012

Guy Talk

Today while Everett was spending time sitting on my lap,  we had a bit of a moment. We caught a special on the Little League World Series and I started telling him how I excited I was for him to grow up and play ball.  I let him know I'd always be there for him to play catch, go to practice, and cheer him on.  The whole time, he stared at me so intently and lovingly. Shortly after that talk, we saw a musician on television discussing how his father ran out on his family when he was a kid. I looked at my baby boy and couldn't imagine that scenario.  So, I started telling him as much. I made all kinds of promises in regards to raising him right and being the example of what a man is, etc. As I sat there telling him all this, I was blown away by how serious he looked and how well he was taking it. For a few seconds, it was as if he really understood what I was trying to say to him.  All that sentiment was shattered just about the he let out a grunt, ripped an enormous toot, and proceeded to fill his diaper.  So, while I was having a Taster's Choice heart to heart, Ev was apparently more interested in a fart to fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment