Monday, April 27, 2009

Girls will be girls

As many of you know, Sophie and Amelia have sort of a love-hate relationship. This was never more evident than it was today when I caught them having this completely non-conversational dialogue via stare down on the couch while Meggan was out at the gym.

Amelia: How does it feel being the second favorite?
Sophie: You tell me. I wouldn't know. I'm the one they let sleep in the bed with them.
Amelia: No need to sleep in their bed when they love you enough to give you your own bedroom.
Sophie: If that's what you have to tell yourself. Just don't forget, they handpicked me. They just got stuck with you.
Amelia: If by handpicked you mean "bought the mixed breed mutt that was on clearance" and by got stuck with you mean "were blessed by God and the miracle of human conception" then I'd have to concede.
Sophie: Why don't you concede that your biggest daily accomplishment is taking a poop in your diaper?
Amelia: Yes, that is so much less impressive than licking your own butt. By the way, I spit up in your dog food.
Sophie: With all that pooping you do, I'm surprised you are so fat. On a side note, I lick all the nipples on your bottles before you eat.
Amelia: Fraggle Rock called, they want their hair back.
Sophie: Keep talking about my hair and I'll eat ANOTHER one of your pacifiers...while you watch.
Amelia: And they will board you in doggy prison again while they take me on another vacation.
Sophie: Low blow. I hate you.
Amelia: I hate you more.
Sophie: I hated you first.
Amelia: I'm tired, you want to snuggle up on this blanket and take a nap?
Sophie: I'd like nothing more, scooch over a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment