Saturday, July 4, 2009

a new sheriff in town

In observance of the 4th of July, Randall and Meggan will be taking the day off from blogging. In their absence I, Sophie, along with the smelly baby, will be running the blog.

Sophie: Hey baby, my first point of order as the new Blog President is to clear up any misconceptions that I am not an adorable creature. So, as proof, I submit these pictures of me as a puppy:




Amelia: I must admit...you were a cute puppy.
Sophie: Thank you, baby.
Amelia: Of course all this does is beg the question..."what in the world happened to you?" Have you been on the Keith Richards plan for health and happiness or something??
Sophie: I resent that! I think I have held up quite nicely. Look baby, it's easy to look good when you are your age. Get back to me after you have some miles on your tires like I do and we'll see how good you look.
Amelia: Miles on your tires? How old ARE you?
Sophie: I'm 3... 3 hard earned years.
Amelia: Holy crap! I had no idea. how old do you think Dad is?
Sophie: Nobody knows for sure. But, judging by the beginnings of crow's feet and the receding hair line, I'd guess .... 8, maybe even 9.
Amelia: 8?!? 9?!? That's almost dead!
Sophie: I know, baby. Pretty soon it'll be just us. So, you'd better get your act together because this dog doesn't do diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment