Sunday, July 26, 2009

Where oh where can my baby be?

Each day, Mia grows a bit closer to being a kid and a bit further from being a baby. Without a doubt, these changes are eagerly awaited by her parents. These new tricks she learns are mostly fun, with the occasional grabbing a full glass of iced tea and throwing it on the kitchen floor thrown in. However, today at church, it became very apparent that the new Mia is 1) here to stay and 2) a hell of a lot more work than the old one. While the pastor was giving a sermon on inviting Christ into your heart, Amelia was squirming in Meggan's lap and giving a sermon of her own. It got to the point where she was doing so much talking that I had to take her out into the lobby and listen to the rest from there. If I held her on my left side, she wanted to be on my right. If I held her straight up, she wanted to lean back. And, regardless of how she was sitting, she had plenty to say and plenty of volume with which to say it. There was a part of me that couldn't help but laugh. It certainly seemed to entertain the other lobby inhabitants. Yet, throughout all the fun, I couldn't shake the feeling that today was the beginning of the end of Baby Mia and the start of Mia, a slobbering, yet sophisticated young lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment