Thursday, July 16, 2009

too bored for my own good

Off topic for the blog, but I'm bored so...

As I've mentioned on here before, I'd love to find a career that I am overly passionate about. Since this is a dream proposition, I don't have to rule out any fields based on practicality alone. For instance, I am freakishly claustrophobic in real life, but in my dream job I can be a pilot. However, while watching The Next Food Network Star tonight I realized that I can indeed eliminate chef as an option. I just don't get it. Can someone explain to me why in the world they want to cook for a living?!? It's a chore. Nobody goes to special schools to learn how to do laundry or take out the garbage. Look, I love eating food as much as the next guy, but I get zero joy out of cooking it. I get that cooking or grilling can occasionally be a therapeutic experience, but that does not justify me wanting to do it night in and night out...for other people. Hey, if you want to work the night shift and smell like burnt meat every night, good for you. I just know this one is getting crossed off my list.

2 comments:

  1. It's a creating thing :) I hate restaurants and I feel as if I have experienced MORE than my share of arriving home after a shift smelling like syrup/bacon/grill smoke/beer. Regardless - I love to cook and if I could be a private chef and just skip the commercial chef-ing (i don't think that's a work) then I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent...you can be my private chef!

    ReplyDelete