Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I think we're alone now..

Occasionally, and by "occasionally" I mean only on Mondays, Saturdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Thursdays, Sundays, and Tuesdays, I find myself awake sitting on the couch while Meggan and Sophie are curled up snoring next to me. I normally never quite know when the transition occurs from me and my wife enjoying TV together to me watching TV alone while she enjoys a nice nap. Almost invariably, and tonight is no exception, the only notice I receive that her night is over is her silence in response to my question or comments. So, I figured rather than talking to myself, I'd post whatever I was thinking on here...which is basically typing to myself, yet it doesn't feel as pathetic as it sounds.

1) How can the guy on So You Think You Can Dance say has never worked out before in reference to his muscular build? I just watched him press a girl over his head, leap in circles around a stage, and do a back flip. In what universe does that not count as working out?!?

2) Why did I just see a preview for ANOTHER show about a sassy nurse who knows more and is tougher than all the doctors in the show? Nurse Jackie, Hawthorne, Mercy, etc. How many shows about nurses can America take?!? Oh wait, that's right, we somehow keep Vh1 on the air when all it shows is dating shows based on castoffs from its other dating shows.

3) Speaking of dating shows....More to Love...Really?!? A dating show that claims to be a show about "Real Women" and that proves "Love comes in all shapes and sizes". What I don't understand is why everyone on the show is heavy. I have no problem with the stated premise of the show, but if they really want to show that love comes in all sizes, shouldn't they have ALL sizes? Shouldn't there be some heavy women, a couple uncomfortably tall girls, an Olsen twin, perhaps a little person or two, and all the flavors in between? And I'm not even going to get into the fact that apparently loves comes in different sizes, but pretty much all the same color.

4) Why can my daughter roll around for 8 consecutive hours in her sleep and apparently roll from one end of her daycare classroom to the other, yet not roll 1 inch for me? She rolls around for Meggan. Hell, she probably even rolls around for Sophie. But, if I put her on her stomach, she just lays there like a pile of dirty laundry.

5) My day started off by me finding out I have issues in my lower back, which apparently are not reversible. Am I THAT old?!? Is this the beginning of the end of my very mediocre, completely unpaid sports career?!? While this may put a damper on some people, I am taking the half glass full approach and hoping I can use this to get out of some housework.

Well, that's about it for tonight. I thank you all for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment