Sunday, August 2, 2009

Screaming Mimi

Apparently babies are very impressed with themselves when they do something new. This, at least thus far,has been my experience with Mia. Once she learns to do a new trick, she does it repeatedly and cracks herself up more and more each time. Nine times out of ten I find this to be hilarious. However, her new trick is that other time out of the ten. It seems she has taken quite the liking to screaming...and screaming...and screaming. This fun little behavior occurred at 5:30 Saturday morning, started to creep into breakfast today, and showed back up in full force at dinner. It's not that I don't love to hear the sound of Amelia's voice. It's just that a high pitched squeal gets old, particularly to other members of the general public who don't love her like I do, after the first thirty minutes. While I actually hope this in some way means she will be an outgoing person who loves to talk, I'm pretty sure she is just fascinated with the sound of her own voice. Since only time will tell, for now, I just hope she moves on to a slightly more quiet hobby.

2 comments:

  1. you do know that Screaming Mimi's is a euphemism for diarrhea yes? because I got super excited for a blog about poop...only to find out that it's not actually about poop.

    2nd of my list of favorite diarrhea euphemism: the Green Apple Quick Step!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. believe me...have a baby and you will see that ANY given day you could write a post about poop. It's actually a chore finding something else to write about.

    ReplyDelete