Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mom who?

Today was an exceptionally busy day for Meggan. She had to be at work early and stay until around 8pm. This turn of events left Amelia's well being entirely up to me. I was tasked with 4 major duties - take Mia to school, pick her up from school, feed her, and bathe her. The fact that she tried to sabotage my success by punishing her diaper during half of my milestone events didn't help, but overall I think it was a good day. I got to kiss her goodbye this morning, see her smile when I showed back up at school, laugh at her when she got her face covered with baby food, and clean her up for a good night's rest. All this without Meggan calling 10 times to make sure I hadn't burned the house down or forgotten Mia at school. Days like today can actually be tiring, but they always remind me to be thankful for having the luxury of being able to spend nights like tonight with my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment