Thursday, August 6, 2009

Night with the ladies

One of two things has occurred tonight - either Meggan finally trusts me enough to know that I won't kill, harm, or sell the baby OR she finally got to the point where she needed to go out for a drink with the girls so badly that she doesn't care. Either way, tonight it is just me, Sophie, and Mia. So far it's been a nice night. We started off with a father-daughter staring contest, which I lost because I'm not sure Amelia blinks. Then it was bath time. This is normally Meggan's specialty and I just come it at the end with the towel. I have to be honest, it was about 100 times harder by myself. At one point I had a wet, naked baby squirming in one hand while reaching for a towel with the other hand. If you are thinking ..."that sounds like the perfect time to pee on your dad's hand into your bath water"... you and my daughter have quite a bit in common. After a nice bath, she wanted to watch Entourage, but I convinced her it was time for a quick Dr. Seuss story (who, by the way, I am really starting to dislike because he made millions of dollars by writing the most nonsensical things ever and simply plugging in any made up work he wanted to in order to make it rhyme. For example, from Oh, the Thinks You Can Think -

"If you try try,
you can think up
a GUFF going by.

And you don’t have to stop.
You can think about SCHLOPP.
Schlopp. Schlopp. Beautiful schlopp.
Beautiful schlopp
with a cherry on top.'

What the hell?!? I'm sure Dr. Seuss was probably brilliant and I just don't get it, but that's really a blog for another day.). After our story, Mia was fast asleep. So, now I have time to blog and it seems that I have made it through the tough part of my night without Meggan. Now, if only tomorrow can go as smoothly when Amelia and I have our first ever father-daughter day thanks to her daycare being closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment