Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lessons Learned

When I was younger....

- I thought money was the key to happiness
- I was sure I'd never turn into one of those people who blames MTV for steering the youth in the wrong direction
- I never imagined a day in which I would use the term "the youth"
- I wasn't afraid to fly
- I had hair where I wanted it and not where I didn't
- I felt like talk radio was for old people
- 31 seemed old
- I thought the hardest part about having kids would be changing dirty diapers
- I couldn't gain a pound if my life depended on it
- There was no way I would write a blog for OTHER people to read
- I thought working in business was like Jerry Maguire
- I could go out partying at night and wake up early to play basketball the next day
- I listened to mostly rap music and wished country music would stop being made
- I wondered if I would ever get to feel what it was like to see the Gators play for a National Championship
- Sports were my religion

Now, that I am 31...

- I realize money may relieve stress, but it only brings temporary happiness
- I am certain MTV is a leading cause to the degradation of society, particularly the youth
- I acknowledge the separation of myself from the blissful naivety of youth...and am proud to have survived it.
- I get sweaty at the thought of an airplane
- I likely have the same amount of hair I've always had, just in different places
- I feel like talk radio is the best conversation I have some days
- 31 is a long way from old
- I realize waiting outside the operating room tomorrow will be one of the hardest things I've EVER done
- I can gain 5 pounds during a single happy hour
- Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone new is reading the blog
- Most days I feel much more like Rain Man than Jerry Maguire
- If I either party OR play basketball, there is no waking up early the next day
- I think country music has some of the best storytellers this side of Hollywood
- I have seen the Gators play 5 National title games in football and basketball in the last decade
- Sports are still a religion, just not my primary faith

No comments:

Post a Comment