Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So, tonight, I nave already received two calls informing me that I indeed needed to update the blog as I am behind on posts. I tried to explain that while I love posting on the blog, it pays me exactly $0 per hour. Thus, on occasion, I have to devote my time to my actual job, which pays roughly $2.50 per hour (at least it feels that way). I promise you, if I could pay my bills blogging, I would. If Amelia would get a job and stop being such a financial drain on this family, perhaps I could pursue a career in the blogging arts. Until then, I'll do what I can to keep the very mediocre posts flowing.

For tonight, here are a few random postings -


- We are desperately hoping the tubes will help Amelia's ears. So far, so good. However, she has been pulling on her right ear quite a bit today. I really hope it turns out to be nothing. That little girl deserves to catch a break.

- Speaking of Amelia, my baby is disappearing at an alarming rate. It seems like a few weeks ago that she was a tiny newborn sleeping next to us in a baby bed. Now, she waves bye bye, she stands, she has teeth, she blows kisses, and her sophisticated palate will no longer allow her to stoop down to lowly baby food. She must order off the menu.

- We had to turn in our self evaluations at work today. As it turns out, my self apparently thinks fairly highly of me. Additionally, my self feels like a nice raise is in order. On another work related note, I'm pretty sure every time I feel my Blackberry buzz, a little piece of me dies on the inside.

- Actual personal messages in status updates on my Facebook feed these days - 4. Updates regarding FarmVille, Farm Town, or Farm Life - 75,000. Seriously, I hope a fake fire starts and burns your fake farm to ashes.

- Last weekend, we bought "clear" caulk to put outside our house around our dining room window. I found out the joke was on me when I must have missed the fine print on the tube that said "By "clear", we mean bright white that will show up drastically against your khaki colored house". Two nights ago, I REALLY found out the joke was on me when I realized I must have missed even more fine print that said "DOES NOT WORK AGAINST WATER" because it stopped about as much of the rain from coming in as 1-ply toilet paper would have. I love listening to the rain, just not when it is hitting my dining room floor.

- Sophie is the greatest pound for pound snorer in the world. Meggan is giving her a run for her money. I am going on minute 95 of listening to their symphony.

- On a serious note, my nephew is going through a tough time right now with a health issue. I won't go into detail on here because 1) Many details are unknown and 2)that's his private matter. All I ask is that you keep him in your prayers. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment