Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Day

We got a tiny bit of snow overnight and I have to say...I really don't care for it. To top it off, we have the worst of all situations here - a snow/rain mix that has now frozen into a solid block of ice. I attempted to go for a walk because there are only so many hours in a day that I can spend sitting in the house before I go nuts. Unfortunately, I could BARELY make it out of my driveway because it was frozen over. I just turned sideways and slid down it like a skateboard. If Amelia was much older, it would be perfect out there for sliding around and having fun. As it stands now, I can't trust her to know to "tuck and roll" once her and daddy inevitably take on a hill that is too big. So, for her protection, and probably mine, we'll be staying in today. We did take her out this morning when it was a bit more like snow and a bit less like an ice skating rink. She was utterly unimpressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment