Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snake Bitten

We went to a restaurant tonight to have dinner with friends of ours. When our waiter came up, he said "Hi, my name's Snake". Not only did I think this was weird, but I thought perhaps it was not the best sign of how the night would go. It appears I was correct. This was probably the worst service I have had in a long time. As you can guess, with Amelia's very limited patience, we can't afford terrible service. At one point, Meggan had to flag down our waiter as he completely ignored us. I have to admit, it sounded weird to hear her call a grown man "Snake", but what can you do? This was all to no avail as every request seemed to take forever. It finally got to the point that I got up and walked to the kitchen and awkwardly said "Excuse me, Snake, can you please bring the babies some small plates?" Eventually, we got plates, got dinner, and finally our checks. Once the checks came, it became a little more clear why he was ignoring us. The four of us apparently heard incorrectly, he didn't say "Hi, my name's Snake" like we all agreed upon and discussed all throughout dinner. He actually instead mumbled "Hi, my name is Nick". Oops. I'm pretty sure if my name was Nick and a table of crazy fools with two babies had called me Snake all night, I'd be less than inclined to offer prompt and deliberate service to them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment