Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Turning point?

Amelia is now rapidly approaching one and a half years old. She can say several words, she can answer 'yes' or 'no' questions, she can even pick out matching pairs of shoes with flawless accuracy. In other words, she's basically grown. As has been well chronicled, she is obsessed with Sesame Street. While we are actually getting a little concerned about overexposure to TV, we are happy she likes such an educational show. At this point, she has started copying some of the acts - she sings "La la la la la" along with Luis, she goes around saying "walk walk walk" when the song "I've got a new way to walk" comes on, etc. When she participates, not only does it make me laugh, but it makes me proud. However, this also makes me feel that perhaps we are approaching a turning point in terms of what we can expose her to. I don't need her running around quoting scenes from Entourage or acting out any fight scenes from the Bourne movies. Plus, I'm not even going to get into what she may have heard when "The Thong Song" came on XM radio the other day and we obligatorily cranked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment