Monday, November 9, 2009

The Dichotomy of You

You are the highlight of my day
Yet, you are the reason I am so tired at night
You can change my entire perspective with a smile
Yet, you can break me with your tears
You are the reason I work so hard
Yet, your absence makes me hate being at work
You are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen
Yet, it wasn't easy to strip that title from your mother
You give me hope for the future
Yet, you provide a glimpse into my past
You are who I live to protect
Yet, you are to whom I have to teach life's hard lessons
You make me want to be a better man
Yet, you remind me of how great it is to be a kid
You can't quite yet control your own body
Yet, you can make me do anything you want
You remind me of all that is good in this world
Yet, you cause me to worry about all that is bad
You have shown me how strong the love of a father can be
Yet, you have brought me an even greater appreciation for my mother
You belong to me, Mia
Yet, my heart belongs to you

No comments:

Post a Comment