Saturday, November 21, 2009

Parents' Night Out

Tonight, we took advantage of the luxury our daycare calls Parents' Night Out. This was a much needed date for us. Because we don't have a built in babysitter in the form of family, we rarely get the opportunity for a night out that doesn't include a diaper bag. So, for our date, I took Meggan to see the new Twilight movie. From the world of tangential thought...here are three things I am secure enough in my masculinity to tell you about tonight(ordered from least blow to my masculinity to borderline completely emasculating) 1) Even though it is primarily for young girls, I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit. 2) My wife, sitting right next to me on a "date" let out a sigh (along with the rest of the ladies in the theater) when Jacob took off his shirt for the first time 3) I actually argued with my wife over which guy was better looking (I went Edward). Now, back to Parents' Night Out. We had a really great time at the movie. It felt nice to get dressed up, to be out and about in the crisp night air, and most importantly to push the pause button on being parents for a few hours. As nice as the night was, I feel like this may be our first and one of our only nights out. It seems as though Amelia had a different experience. I'll put it this way, when we arrived at daycare after 9:30pm...she was awake. I'm not sure if she was confused because she was at school or embarrassed because she was in her pajamas in public with her hair a mess, but either way, she decided she had no interest in going to sleep. I'm just hoping she can make up for the missed sleep over the night because an Amelia who is not on schedule is not an Amelia anyone wants to be around. Oh well, even if she causes a little trouble, the night was still worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment